Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Weekly Training Report - June 23rd-June30th

Monday: 5.0 miles (7:53)
Advanced Jiu Jitsu class, it was only me and Geico (a four strip purple belt).  So, it was like a private lesson!  We worked two half guard sweeps that work together, which is great getting tips from Geico, because half guard is probably his favorite position and he's very good at it.  I need to work on keeping my underhooking arm at a diagonal and keep reaching for the opposite shoulder.  I have a tendency to let it hang out down around my opponent's waist.  That is a weak underhook that usually leads to me getting darced, or cross faced and flattened out.

Tuesday: 9.2 miles (7:37)

Wednesday: 9.8 miles (7:42)

Thursday: 6.2 miles (7:41)
Went to the Randori Jiu Jitsu class and messed my back up pretty bad.  I think it was when I was trying to finish an omoplata and my opponent stacked me.  I felt my neck pop a couple times and my back is pretty sore.  I was planning on running again tonight, but not anymore.

Friday:  No running
Back is still sore.

Saturday: 8.2 miles (7:18)

Sunday: 4.1 miles (7:30)

Weekly total: 42.6 miles
This was a pretty miserable week for running.  No workouts and a hurt back kept me at a pretty low volume for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment