Thursday, July 10, 2014

Weekly Training Report - June 30th-July 6th

Monday: 6.5 miles (7:47); 3.6 (7:43)

Tuesday: 10.1 miles (7:53)

Wednesday: 6.2 miles (7:40)

Thursday: 8.7 miles (8:48)
Ran with a heart rate monitor for the first time in a long time.  The goal was to keep my heart rate under 145.  Near the end it was climbing over 150, even though I was running 9 minute miles.  I'm really hating this heat and humidity.  In the winter, I did this same run and was able to run 7:30 minute miles while keeping my heart rate low.  I want to run a couple miles a week with a heart rate monitor to see if this performance gets better or worse.

Friday:  No running
No reason for not running.

Went to Jiu-Jitsu open mat and got absolutely smashed by everyone.  There's a tournament next week, but I'm not really feeling it.  My confidence in running and Jiu-Jitsu is at an all time low.

Saturday: 7.1 miles (7:41)

Sunday: No running
No reason for not running.

Weekly total: 42.2 miles
Another low mileage week and only ran 5 days this week.  I feel like I'm losing my mojo with running and I'm frustrated with how I feel lately while running.  My plan was to be running 70 mile weeks by this point, and now I don't know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment