Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Weekly Training Report - July 28th-August 3rd

Monday: No running

Tuesday: 5.2 miles (7:58)

Wednesday: 5.6 miles (6:50)
Tempo run, did 24 mins at T pace ~6:18.

Thursday: 4.7 miles (7:56)

Friday: 3.8 miles (8:02)

Saturday: 3.2 miles (7:30)
Ran 2 x 4 min intervals, 6:45 and 6:20.  With a 4 min break in between.  I wanted to do more, around 4 or 5 total.  But, there was a lof of lightning, so I turned around and hightailed it home.

In BJJ, we worked on guillotine defense at the Saturday class.  Jeremy York from Gracie Brandon stopped by, he competed at last year's ADCC, losing a decision to Ezra Lenon.  He's a cool guy, and it was cool to pick his brain about some of the things he does in guard.

Sunday: 9.3 miles (7:57)
Wanted to run further, but while I was running around UCF I saw lightning to the east and to the west.  I'm pretty tired of the weather dictating how far/when I run...

Weekly total: 31.7 miles
I felt a little more energetic on my runs this week, just frustrated with my low mileage.  Some of which is due to the weather, some is just because I'm not mentally there during my runs.  I've been back on a low carb diet for about a month now, so I finally feel transitioned to a low glycogen state.  It was a tough transition.

I went to Jiu Jitsu 6 times this week, Monday through Saturday.  We worked guillotine defense and opening the guard by standing.  I got some pointers from Donald about maintaining my posture in the guard, so I'm trying to really focus on that when I find myself in someone's guard.  I think it's helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment