Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Weekly Training Report - August 4th-10th

Monday: 6.1 miles (7:42)
We worked on some spider guard setup and sweeps today.  Everyone tells me with my length, that this should be my go to guard.  And, I agree with them, but man I just really suck at it.  There's too many moving pieces, I need a lot more reps before I think I'll feel comfortable playing spider guard.

Tuesday: 4.1 miles (7:28)

Wednesday:  No running

Thursday: 4.5 miles (7:42)

Friday: 6.4 miles (7:30)
We did some omoplata setups in Nogi today.  I never really thought of going for an omoplata without the gi, because it seems like it would be too hard to hold without grips.  But, the setup we used to trap the arm and hug under our leg was really pretty cool.

Saturday: 7.2 miles (7:44)

Sunday: 4.2 miles (7:52)

Weekly total: 32.5 miles
No workouts in my runs this week.  Next Saturday is the Celebration of Running 5K by Trackshack.  I think I'm going to do awful, but I'm looking forward to racing for the first time in a long time.

I went to Jiu Jitsu 6 times, Monday through Friday (I went twice on Tuesday).  And I signed up for the Florida BJJ State Championships in Coral Springs.




This was my first ever BJJ competition last year, and I'm looking forward to competing again this year.  This year, I'll be competing as a blue belt.  I feel butterflies in my stomach just writing about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment