Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Weekly Training Report - May 19th-25th

Monday: 8.0 miles (7:47)

Tuesday: 12.2 miles (7:38)


Wednesday: 8.5 miles (7:02)
Did 4 x 1km intervals today with full jogging rest (~5 mins), the pace for the intervals were ~5:30.  The rest was probably a little too long.  But, I wanted to do more intervals than I did last week.  Plan is to keep increasing the number of intervals I do and decrease the rest time.

Thursday: 7.5 miles (7:09)

Friday: 9.1 miles (7:22)

Saturday: 8.0 miles (6.53)
Did ~32 mins at T pace, a little over 5 miles.  So that works out to 6:20 pace.  I felt really good the whole time, comfortably hard, just the way it should be.  Its nice when workouts go the way they're supposed to.

Sunday: 10.2 miles (7:48)
I still have been horrible at getting up in the morning to get my run in.  Usually I would wait until the sun sets before going on my long run if I don't do it in the morning, but we were going to a friends house at night for a party.  So, it was either run outside or go to the gym and run for 2 hours on the treadmill.  At 11am, it felt pretty good out, not too hot.  So, I chose to run outside.  By the time I actually got out of the house, it was almost noon.  It still wasn't too hot, but after about 5 miles in, it was pretty oppressive.  I planned my run to run by water fountains every couple of miles so I could drink and douse my head.  But, I started getting chills at mile 9, so I called my wife to come pick me up (luckily I had brought my cell phone).

Weekly total: 63.6 miles
Back over 60 miles, but this is two weeks in a row where I've bombed my long runs.  I have to get those back on track.  Other than that, I'm happy with my two workouts this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment