Sunday, February 2, 2014

Weekly Training Report - January 27th-February 2nd

Monday: 6.1 miles (6:52)
I surprised myself with this run today.  After running 21 miles the previous day and racing a 5k on Saturday, my legs felt surprisingly fresh today.

Tuesday: 10.4 miles (7:42)
80 minutes of easy running.

Wednesday: 5.5 miles (6:54)
Today was supposed to be 5 x 2 mins on/2 mins off.  It was rainy and cold outside so I did this workout on the treadmill.  I had trouble doing this same workout last week outside, but I felt good on the treadmill and ended up doing 6 reps.  The treadmill was set at 1.5% incline.  The paces for the 2 mins on were (5:40, 5:36, 5:33, 5:30, 5:27, 5:24) and the 2 mins off were floating recoveries at 7:45.  I may have to bump the incline up to 2%, I had trouble breaking 6 min/mile on this same workout last week.

Thursday: 13.2 miles (7:26)
I was surprised how fresh my legs felt today even with the workout yesterday.

Friday: 6.1 miles (7:11)

Saturday: 4.5 miles (6:51)
Today was supposed to be 3 x 1 mile repeats.  I ran the first two in 6:04 and 5:58, but I only made it through 1/3 of the last mile (5:58 pace).  It was hot and humid, 75 degrees and 72 dew point... and it's February!  I was tired after spending all day at a jiu jitsu tournament, and didn't feel like running at all.  So, I'm alright with the workout that I got in.

Sunday: 11.0 miles (7:21)
Slept in and missed my group run in Winter Park.  Started running at 8:30 and by 9 it was hot and muggy.  I wanted to get more miles in today, but I'll settle for this, plus my workout from last night had my legs pretty tired.

Weekly Total: 56.9 miles
Well, I didn't make it to 60 miles for the week, so I still have never done back to back 60+ weeks.  And now I'll start scaling back the miles a bit for the marathon in 3 weeks.  I plan to do a little over 50 miles next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment