Sunday, January 26, 2014

Weekly Training Report - January 20th-26th

Monday: 5.1 miles (7:29)

Tuesday: 10.7 miles (7:33)
I ran for just over 80 minutes at a pretty relaxed state.  I kept putting this run off until about 7:30pm and I still had a full stomach from dinner.  I hate it when I procrastinate.

Wednesday: 4.3 miles (7:20)
Workout with 5 x 2 mins on/2 mins off.  I had visions of 5:30 pace for the 2 mins on intervals, maybe even faster if I felt good.  But, it was cold and late, I had a full stomach from dinner and had trouble just completing the workout.  Maybe I should have bagged it altogether, but I'm glad I at least attempted it.  I didn't want to be running at all.  My paces for the 5 intervals were (6:34, 6:16, 6:01, 6:08, 6:06).  This doesn't give me much confidence for my race on Saturday.

Thursday: 10.0 miles (7:43)

Friday: 5.1 miles (7:04)

Saturday: 2.2 miles (8:12), 3.2 miles (5:54)
Seasons 52 Park Ave 5.2k, you can read my race report here.  I crossed the 5k timing mat at 18:11, which is a PR.  And then I had a nice kick at the end.  I feel like I ran this race too easy, especially the middle portion.  I ran the 2nd mile at around 6:00.  I think I need more 5k specific workouts to get used to a 5:30 pace, which is where I want to be.

Sunday: 21.0 miles (8:10)
Long run with the Winter Park running crew.  I parked near Goldenrod and ran 5 miles to the start, then ran 10 with the group and then ran 5 miles back to my car.  I tried to pick up the pace on the way back to my car.  My last mile was 6:56.  I'm happy with that.

Weekly Total: 61.6 miles
A solid week of running.  I want to run over 60 miles next week also, I've never had back to back 60+ weeks.  In fact, I've only ever had a handful of sporadic 60+ weeks in all my training.  So, it was a good week, but now I've got to make this kind of mileage consistent in my weekly training.

No comments:

Post a Comment