Saturday, January 18, 2014

First!

So, I decided to start a blog for all of the 3 people that may find my life interesting.  I'll discuss things that interest me here which will mainly include running and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.  I'll post race reports and any jiu-jitsu tournaments I do.  And maybe any books, TV, or movies I'm reading/watching. So...


Other than running and jiu-jitsu, my life is pretty boring.  Just ask my wife, most week nights it's a struggle to stay up later than the kids.  However, in my defense, they are getting older and their bedtime keeps getting later!  Also, I'm currently reading The Lore Of Running, this tome is 944 pages and is everything you could ever need to know about running... or so I've been told, I read about a page or two at night and it puts me right out!  At this rate, I should be done reading it by the time Conner is in college.

Nikki doesn't understand why there is such a huge book just about running, but she just doesn't realize how tough running is.  One foot in front of the other, over and over, right, left, right, le... uuuuhh, which foot is next?!?  So, enter this book.

Also, I've got a 5k race coming up next Saturday, actually it's 5.2k.  It's the Seasons 52 Park Ave 5.2k.  It's the 4th race in the Track Shack Running Series which I'm trying to win my age group in.  Currently I'm tied for first place:


My plan is to try find Jeremy and run with him.  He won the last race, the UCF 5 miler, and I looked at some of his other past results and he's faster than me, but I'm fitter than I was in October.  So, the only way to find out how fast I am now is to challenge myself, right? Right.  I'll post how that strategy works out next week.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you. Kids brazilian jiu jitsu

    ReplyDelete