Sunday, January 19, 2014

Weekly Training Report - January 13th-19th

Monday: 4.6 miles (7:10), 4.3 miles (7:56)
My first double of 2014.  To get to my goal weekly mileage these may have to be more common.

Tuesday: 9.3 miles (7:36)
Ran for just over 70 minutes.  My goal for weekly runs is to have 3-4 easy singles per week where I'm running for 70-100 minutes.  I think I'll start off doing these on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.

Wednesday: 5.0 miles (7:19)

Thursday: 4.8 miles (6:53)
It was cold today!  In Orlando, that means the high was in the 50s.  I'm such a weenie, and really glad I don't live someplace like Minnesota.  Anyways, I ran this on the treadmill, because I don't like cold weather.

Friday: 4.2 miles (7:29)

Saturday: 7.4 miles (6:48)
This was an interval workout on the treadmill.  I like doing at least one workout a week on the treadmill.  Treadmill running, in general, is boring.  But, I like the fact that I can just set the speed for the interval and just zone out for a few minutes.  I know I need to run workouts outside to work on my pace control, but I think I'll see how this works for my 5k fitness.

This workout was 3 x 1 mile with 3 minute rests.  I was a little nervous going into this workout because I bombed it last week and only did 1 and 1/2 intervals before calling it quits.  But this week was different.  I nailed the intervals and then ran 4 x 400 m with 30 s rests at faster than 5k race pace.  The mile intervals were (5:56, 5:53, 5:50) and the 400 m (1:25, 1:24, 1:23, 1:23).

Sunday: 12.3 miles (7:21)
My longest run since the OUC half. 7 miles easy and 5 miles (6:42, 6:41, 6:40, 6:37, 6:27) slightly faster than marathon pace.  I finally feel recovered from the quad injury that I got from that race.  It's nice to feel healthy again.  I have a little more than a month before the Jacksonville Beach Run Donna marathon (http://breastcancermarathon.com/).  I'm looking forward to running that race with my cousin, Ryan.  But, I'm also looking forward to getting past that race so I can start building a bigger base.  I've got two more weeks of training before I start tapering for that race.

Weekly Total: 52.0 miles
This is my first week over 50 miles since the week before the OUC half, almost 2 months.  I had big plans for the Run Donna marathon, I want to break 3 hours.  That's probably still possible, but it's been hard to get quality training in since the Marine Corps marathon at the end of October.  I guess I'm finding out how long it really takes to recover from a marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment