Thursday, September 18, 2014

Weekly Training Report - September 8th-14th

Monday:  4.1 miles (7:24)
In standup, we worked on an arm drag to some different takedowns: double leg, single leg, and taking the back.  On the ground, we worked on our standard back defense.  Protecting your neck, bridge up onto your opponent, and move to the opposite side of the choking arm.

Tuesday:  No running

Wednesday:  No running

Thursday: 4 miles (7:14)
We worked the same takedown we've been working all week.  Then, on the ground we worked some attacks and back takes from technical mount.  And I got my first stripe on my blue belt!

Friday: 3.3 miles (7:29)
Did nogi today, at first it was just me.  But, then Anthony (my first instructor at Gracie Barra) and Jeremy York showed up.  We just did some light rolling.  It was fun to get ragdolled by those two guys for an hour.

Saturday: 2.4 miles (8:01); 3.1 miles (5:47)
Ran the Rock 'n Run  5K this morning.  I finished 1st in my age group and 15th overall with a time of 18:05.  That's my second best 5K ever, and so close to breaking 18 minutes for just the second time.  Race report to come later.

Sunday:   No running

Weekly total: 16.9 miles
Wow, didn't even make it to 20 miles this week.  I was feeling real lazy on Sunday.  My jiu jitsu training went well this week though.  And, I ran a pretty good race on Saturday, pacing was a little off... but I'm happy with my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment